Undoubtedly, toilet paper is one of the more essential products that most of us purchase. However, many people stick to maybe one or two brands that seem to get the job down and never move on to potentially something that is better.
Here you will find nearly 40 toilet paper brands to help you discover what is out there and to possibly find a new brand you can trust for years to come. For readers that already have a favorite brand, be sure to vote for it in our poll at the end of this article.
Brands of Toilet Paper
Angel Soft is a consumer product brand of Georgia-Pacific owned by Koch Industries. Some other notable brands made by the company are Brawny, Dixie, Quilted Northern, Sparkle, and more.
This toilet paper is septic safe for standard sewer and septic systems. It comes in Mega, Ultra, and Scented Tube varieties.
- Mega – features giant toilet paper rolls that are equivalent to four regular Angel Soft rolls.
- Ultra – has more fiber compared to regular Angel Soft for a softer and more durable 2-ply toilet paper.
- Scented Tubes – help keep your bathroom smelling fresh, which come in lavender, linen, ocean breeze, or evergreen.
Caboo toilet paper is made from renewable bamboo. In other words, it is tree-free, unlike traditional toilet paper. This toilet paper is 2-ply and fragrance-free. It comes in 4, 12, 24, and big roll sizes.
This popular toilet paper brand is owned by the consumer goods behemoth known as Proter & Gamble (P&G). Charmin is a part of the company’s family care product category which includes other major brands such as Bounty and Puffs. According to P&G’s 2021 annual report, Charmin holds a 25% share in the North American market.
Charmin makes these toilet paper products:
- Ultra Soft Mega Roll is a super soft 2-ply toilet paper. A mega roll is equivelent to 4 regular rolls of Charmin.
- Ultra Strong Mega Roll has a diamond weave pattern and is much stronger than a typical budget-friendly paper towel brand
- Essential Soft Mega Roll is a 2-ply toilet paper designed for softness.
- Ultra Gentle may potentially be an excellent option for many people that experience irration when wiping. This toilet paper is made with lotion to help sooth.
- Ultra Soft Super Mega Roll is the softest you can get when it comes to Charmin 2-ply toilet paper. A super mega roll is equal to 6 regular rolls of Charmin for less frequent roll changes.
- Ultra Strong Super Mega Roll is the one you want if paper strength and quality are major factors for you. This toilet paper features a diamond weave.
- Essentials Strong Mega Roll is a value option, 1-ply toilet paper.
SEE ALSO>>>Top Air Freshener Brands
Like Caboo featured above, The Cheeky Panda makes its tissue products out of bamboo and not trees. This helps reduce deforestation which has an impact on our environment. The toilet paper is vegan and cruelty-free. It is naturally hypoallergenic and is made with soft 3-ply paper.
Cottonelle is owned by Kimberly-Clark, the makers of Kleenex, Scott (see below), Huggies, and several other iconic brands. Despite its name, Cottonelle is not made of cotton. The company was reportedly forced to switch its name from Cottonelle to Scottonelle in Italy by a European Union entity because of its lack of cotton. This toilet paper brand is one of the top 10 selling in the United States.
The three primary toilet paper products sold by Cottonelle are:
- Ultra CleanCare is made with CleaningRipples Texture to help keep thing pristine down there while also providing strength. Cottonelle states that this toilet paper is 3x thicker and stronger than the leading national value brand.
- Ultra ComfortCard is the one you want to grab from the store if softness is a requirement for your toilet paper needs. It is the softest, thickest, and most absorbent toilet paper made by Cottonelle.
- Ultra GentleCare is a great option for many people with skin sensititves. It is made with aloe and vitamin E for your comfort when you clean.
Fiora is the fastest-growing consumer brand in the United States market for household paper goods, according to the company. They not only make toilet paper but paper towels, facial tissues, and napkins as well. Its toilet paper is sewer and septic safe so there should be no worries when flushing this tissue.
Fiora produces these toilet paper products:
- Soft + Strong is a 2-ply toilet paper that comes in 4, 12, and 24 packs. It comes in double+ rolls that are said to have 70% more sheets than the leading brand of double rolls. It is also available in mega rolls with a roll being equal to 5 regular rolls of the leading regular roll brand.
- Soft + Strong Scented featured a scented core to keep the bathroom fresh. Available scents include lavender and fresh linen.
- Ultra Soft is softest variety within the Fiora toilet paper brand. It features ultra soft and plush 2-ply rolls that offer premium comfort. It comes in double rolls (12 or 24 packs) or mega rolls (8 or 12 packs).
- Fiora 1000 is a single ply toilet paper that comes in 1,000 sheets per roll. It is available in unscented (12 packs) and lavender scented (6 pack) rolls.
This toilet paper brand is made from 100% virgin bamboo pulp. The fast-growing bamboo is often considered a better alternative to trees which are cut down at a rate of about 27,000 trees per day to produce paper products. NooTrees is dye-free, chemical-free, and fragrance-free. This 3-ply toilet paper is available in 4, 10, and 12 rolls.
Panda uses a manufacturing process that they developed called StreamCare which uses less tree pulp without sacrificing the integrity of the product including its strength and absorbency. This soft 2-ply toilet paper is available in 4 double plus, 6 mega. 12 mega, and 24 double plus sizes. It’s three times thicker than the leading 1000 sheet brand and septic safe.
Quilted Northern is a brand of Georgia-Pacific, similar to Angel Soft. This toilet paper is considered premium with its soft 2 and 3-ply products. It is safe for standard sewer and septic systems being made with 100% biodegradable fibers.
Quilted Northern makes these toilet paper products:
- Ultra Soft & Strong is a 2-ply bath tissue that can be purchased in double or 4x mega rolls. The company states that this toilet paper is four times more durable when wet in comparison to the top value brand.
- Ultra Plush with Scented Tube is a three layer toilet paper that provides ultimate comfort. The tube is scented to help keep a lasting fresh smelling bathroom.
- Ultra Plush is a 3-ply tissue that is siad to be three times thicker and absorbent than the top value brand. You can purchase this toilet paper in double or mega rolls.
Seventh Generation is an eco-friendly natural household products company based out of Burlington, Vermont. They were acquired by the consumer goods giant, Unilever, in 2016 for $700,000,000. Seventh Generation makes a large array of products including laundry, dishwashing, baby care, body wash, and much more.
Of course, Seventh Generation also makes toilet paper. Its toilet paper product is:
- 100% Recycled is made with recycled paper. It’s septic safe and free of fragrances, inks, and dyes that have been added to the product.
Similar to Cottonelle, Scott is a brand of Kimberly-Clark. Scott was the first company to make toilet paper on a roll and to advertise toilet paper on TV. The brand hit a milestone in 2006 when it first reached $1 billion in U.S. sales.
The Scott brand makes these bath tissues:
- Comfot Plus is said to be three times stronger than the top bargain brands. It is made with zero scents or perfumes. The toilet paper is completely biodegradable and is septic safe.
- Scott 1000 offers 1,000 sheets of biodegradable sheets that are septic safe.
- Rapid-Dissolving is the top toilet paper brand product that is trusted for use in RV’s and boats.
White Cloud is owned by Kruger Products, which is headquartered in Canada. It is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of tissue products in Canada, but they also make toilet paper under White Cloud for the U.S. market.
White Cloud makes these bath tissue products:
- Giant Roll Ultra is a 3-ply, super soft toilet paper. It is sewer and septic safe. You can purchase it in 6 and 12 packs.
- Mega Roll features two layers of soft comfort. Like the Ultra rolls, this variety is sewer and septic safe. Additionally, its available in 6 and 12 mega roll packs.
- Triple Roll comes in 400 sheets per roll. This 2-ply toilet paper comes in 6 or 12 roll packs.
Store & Other Toilet Paper Brands
Here are several other noteworthy brands of toilet paper. Many of these are store brands or office/commercial toilet paper products.
- Berkley & Jensen – It’s the toilet brand made for BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Big Lots! – The discount retailer offers its own brand of toilet paper under the Big Lots! brand.
- Boardwalk – A toilet paper brand primarily made for offices and commericial settings.
- DG Home – Dollar Generals store brand of TP.
- Everspring – A brand of household products owned by Target. All products are made with recycled materials, natural fibers, or are biobased. Everspring 100% recycled toilet paper is 2-ply, whitened without chorline bleach, and has no dyes or frangrances added.
- Firebelly Outfitters – An RV safe 2-ply toilet paper that rapidly dissolves.
- Great Value – A popular value brand owned by WalMart that has been around since the 1990s.
- Green Forest – It is made with 100% recycled paper and is whitened without chlorine.
- HDX – Yes, even Home Depot has its own brand of toilet paper. The HDX brand is a 2-ply ultra-soft toilet paper that is sewer and septic safe.
- Kirkland Signature – The quality store brand of Costco.
- Kroger – Kroger makes a few different toilet paper products under the Kroger brand name. These products include Soft & Strong, 1000 Sheets, Ultra Soft, Ultra Strong, and Plush.
- Marcal – The company makes eco-friendly and recycled toilet paper and related products.
- Member’s Mark – The warehouse brand of WalMart’s Sam’s Club.
- Naturezway – A brand of bamboo toilet paper made with 100% bamboo pulp.
- Presto! – Amazon brand of toilet paper.
- Publix – The supermarket chain Publix makes a “super soft” toilet paper that is 2-ply.
- Signature Select – A brand made for the Albertsons family of stores.
- Simple Truth – A higer-end store brand of Kroger.
- Smartly – One of the many brands owned by Target that was launched in 2018.
- Thetford Aqua-Soft – A marine and RV toilet paper that quickly dissolves.
- Tork – A toilet paper brand found in many commercial bathrooms.
- Uline – A brand often found in offices or other commericial setting.
- Up & Up – An exclusive brand of Target stores that was introduced in 2009.
- Willow – A value brand of toilet paper sold at Aldi
- Windsoft – It offers single and 2-ply toilet tissue in jumbo and single rolls.
Poll: Favorite Toilet Paper Brand
Do you have a favorite toilet paper brand? Vote for it in our poll below.
**Feel free to contact us if you know of a toilet paper brand that deserves to be listed but does not already appear above. We will consider adding any legitimate brand to our list, particularly non-store brands. Thanks for reading!**